THIS IS A PRE-ORDER! ITEMS WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND MAY 1, 2020!
SHIPPING AND RELEASE DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS!
Stuart Hyatt returns with another sonic wonder in the Field Works series, bringing the listener into truly uncharted acoustic territory. Ultrasonic is perhaps the ﬁrst-ever album to use the echolocations of bats as compositional source material. For this special album, Hyatt has assembled an extraordinary group of contributors: Eluvium, Christina Vantzou, Sarah Davachi, Ben Lukas Boysen, Machinefabriek, Mary Lattimore, Felicia Atkinson, Noveller, Chihei Hatakeyama, John Also Bennett, Kelly Moran, Taylor Deupree, Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, Julien Marchal, and Player Piano. Ultrasonic is part of a broader storytelling project about the federally endangered Indiana Bat. Generously funded by the IUPUI Arts & Humanities Institute and the National Geographic Society, each album contains an ofﬁcial printed booklet of The Endangered Species Act of 1973.
VINYL FORMAT INCLUDES MP3 DOWNLOAD COUPON INSIDE PACKAGETRACK LISTING
1. Dusk Tempi – Eluvium
2. Silver Secrets – Mary Lattimore
3. Night Swimming – Jefre Cantu-Ledesma
4. Kelelawar – Machinefabriek
5. Sodalis – Kelly Moran
6. Echo Affinity – Taylor Deupree
7. A Place Both Wonderful and Strange – Noveller
8. Music for a room with vaulted ceiling – Christina Vantzou
9. Marion – Sarah Davachi
10. Night vision, it touched my neck – Felicia Atkinson
11. Indiana Blindfold – JAB
12. The Circle – Chihei Hatakeyama
13. Torpor – Ben Lukas Boysen
14. Between the Hawthorn and Extinction – Stuart Hyatt, Player Piano, Julien Marchal